The Diva of DIY

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Re-purposing old clothes, that you can't bear to live without!

So today, on my every other weekly appearance on our local ABC news show, during The Money Saving Segment, I talked about re-purposing old clothes/things! Sometimes I am amazed at the wild crap I think up! I had this Leopard skirt...has been hanging in my closet for at least 10 years! But I couldn't bare to get rid of it because I LOVE ANIMAL PRINTS! I wear leopard even when it's not VOGUE to do so! SO as I was trying to think of a new idea for my little 2 minute segment, I thought, hey wait, I could cut my skirt and use it as a circular continuous scarf. But I wanted it to be a LIVE DEMO, so I didn't cut it prior to the show!Yikes, that's like trying out a recipe on your supper club ladies and not giving it a test drive, but Our Lady of Perpetual Craftiness was with me and it all worked out... I love my new scarf and now I have a SHORT skirt and a SCARF! 
SO here is a video of my little scarf demo!
be patient with the ad before it!

No comments:

Post a Comment